Milo McIver State Park
This week, we take you camping and explore the activities found at Milo McIver State Park. Located a mere 45 minutes away from Portland, this State Park is filled with fun activities for the whole family.
- Championship Disc Golf Course
- Fish Hatchery
- Horse Trails
Our Tips for Visiting
- Viewing Bats – The bat barn is located off the equestrian trail, which closes after sunset. This makes viewing bats difficult, because they only come out at night. We like to visit the barn and take photos during sunset, but have yet to see any bats. If you are interested in seeing bats, I recommend asking one of the park rangers at 503-630-7150.
- Kayaking – Don’t have your own Kyack for the lake? “Kayak tours each Sunday at 9 a.m., July 1- Sept. 1. Reserve your spot at 1-800-452-5687. $15 per reserved seat plus $5 day-use parking permit.” See their website for more information.
- Fishing – Estacada lake is stocked starting mid-May and many fishermen come out. They fish from the pier at the lake, bring their boats or sit in rafts while fishing just above the dam. To view the stocking schedule, the link for North Wilamette Watershed District and search for Estacada lake. It will tell the dates and quantities released.
- Fish Hatchery – The best time to visit the hatchery is late spring – early fall, when the fish are being raised in the pens. After that, you may find the hatchery to be empty. More information can be found on their website.
- Disc Golf – Discs are available for purchase from the Park Office if you don’t have one of your own.
More information about Milo McIver State Park including maps and descriptions of all of the activities can be found on their Brochure page (click the Brochures text next to the right of the Photos text to view them).
If you enjoyed our video and think your friends would like it, we would love for you to share it using one of the buttons below. If you are interested in coming along with us on all of our travels, you can join us on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, WordPress or via e-mail. Thanks for exploring with us!
© Divergent Life Media, LLC