Welcome to Divergent Explorers! I have always enjoyed traveling – from my days growing up in Asia as a kid, traveling with my wife before kids, and now taking our boys on trips of their own. But the biggest problem, even after reading travel guides, is knowing what to expect – what is the place actually like, is it worth visiting, and what is the best way to plan my day. Often after visiting a place once, I already have a list of how I would spend my time differently the next time. And that is where Divergent Explorers comes in. We want to show you what the place is like, help you understand its history and attractions, and give you tips to make your visit better – all in a quick and easy video. We hope you enjoy traveling and exploring with us!
The goals of Divergent Explorers are simple:
- To guide. We want to show you what the place is like, help you understand its history and attractions, and give you tips to make your visit better.
- To teach. When we visit a place, we don’t want to just be tourists. I often find myself asking myself about the history, culture and stories of the people at places we visit.
- To take along. We know that there are many people out there who can’t go exploring on their own. Sickness, finances, time and life circumstances often get in the way. But that doesn’t mean that they should miss out. So we hope to be able to take anyone along with us to learn and explore the world around us.
- To entertain. We recognize that most of our viewers will watch our videos simply to be entertained – and that’s great!
- To be real. On our journey, will make mistakes and some things won’t go perfectly. We are committed to telling those stories and being honest explorers.
To make it easy to come along with us, we post our full length videos on our YouTube channel, on our Facebook page and embedded on our website. From each of those places, you can share our videos or send us a message – and we would love to hear from you!
Family Photo taken by Nicole @ Behind the Lens Maui
© Divergent Life Media, LLC